My first thought of space and I think of stars and galaxies, but what does it mean as it relates to Leadership, Career, Productivity and Purpose? Space is defined as a continuous area or expanse which is free, available, or unoccupied. It is also defined as the distance from other people or things that a person needs to remain comfortable. Some words used to describe space are boundless, vast and infinite. What does it mean to take up space or to hold space for others? Our 2023 theme is an abundance of space. Here are our top 10 quotes related to the two.
10. “We can’t be creative if we refuse to be confused. Change always starts with confusion; cherished interpretations must dissolve to make way for what’s new. Great ideas and inventions miraculously appear in the space of not knowing.”-Margaret J Wheatley
9. “When we are at ease, our bodies work efficiently, our minds settle, and space opens up for us to connect to our intuition, creativity, and sense of connectedness.”-Tara Stiles
8. “Empathy has no script. There is no right way or wrong way to do it. It’s simply listening, holding space, withholding judgment, emotionally connecting, and communicating that incredibly healing message of ‘you’re not alone.’”-Brene Brown
7. “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom.”-Viktor Frankl
6. “Hobbies make space. They remind us of something beautiful and that good can come from nothing.”-Annie Downs
5. “Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” -Lao Tzu
4. “Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.” -Wayne Dyer
3. “There is no passion to be found in playing small — in settling for a life that is less than you are capable of living.”-Nelson Mandela
2. “An abundance mentality springs from internal security, not from external rankings, comparisons, opinion, possessions, or associations.”-Stephen Covey
1. “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” -Tony Robbins
To read more about our theme for 2023, read here.