Facilitating Career Development (FCD) Training
DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE
Horizon Point's FCD Course is designed to enhance the skills and knowledge of individuals who work in any type of career development setting. In addition, successful completers are eligible to apply for an industry-recognized, competency-based credential - Certified Career Services Provider (CCSP). Learn more about the CCSP.
As a participant, you will receive training in each of the 12 career development competencies. The training models hands-on and interactive teaching methods and provides opportunities to interact with colleagues from a variety of work settings. Since the course content covers 12 important competencies, there is plenty of opportunity to build skills and knowledge in areas that are new to you, as well as enhance and develop those that you use every day in your work.
- Career resources and labor market information
- Career planning processes
- Basic helping and facilitation skills
- Career development models and theories
- Informal and formal assessment approaches and validity research
- Diversity and specific population needs
- Development and continuous improvement of an effective career resource center
- Training others and program promotion
- Case management and referral skills
- Ethical and scope-of-practice issues
- Professional and resource portfolios
- and more . . .!
LENGTH OF COURSE
$1,150.00 per registrant
**Group Discounts may be available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
HOW TO REGISTER
The Upcoming Start Dates list on this page shows all available start dates. Please select your preferred start date to register for the course. Upon receipt of your registration, we will send an invoice by email with payment options for Credit Card or Check.
Customized Training Options
We are committed to customizing the delivery of the training in order to meet your needs all while maintaining the integrity and quality of the program.
We can provide the training to:
- Groups (inquire about discounted group rates)
- Virtually delivered
- Delivered in person
- Hybrid virtual and in-person delivery
See our case studies below that illustrate how we customize the program for groups.
About Facilitating Career Development Training
Facilitating Career Development (FCD) Training — formerly Career Development Facilitator (CDF) Training — provides career development practitioners working in a variety of settings with the skills and knowledge to successfully deliver career services. Trained professionals may work in:
- K-12 school systems
- College Career Centers
- Community and State Agencies
- Private Business and Industry
- Workforce Development Organizations
Developed by the National Career Development Association (NCDA), The Facilitating Career Development curriculum is 120 hours of training that certifies career development practitioners in 12 competency areas. The training is also a component of Global Career Development (GCDF) credentialing.
In addition, NCDA now offers the CCSP (Certified Career Services Provider) credential. Please visit www.ncdacredentialing.org for more information. Program completers are also eligible to apply for the CCSP.