Guest blog written by: Lorrie Howard, Horizon Point Consulting
As we continue to explore authenticity, I think it’s important to focus on how to be an authentic leader. Here are ten great quotes on authentic leadership.
10) “Authentic Leaders are not afraid to show emotion and vulnerability as they share in the challenges with their team. Developing a solid foundation of trust with open and honest communication is critical to authentic leadership.” – Farshad Asl, The “No Excuses” Mindset: A Life of Purpose, Passion, and Clarity
9) “Authentic leadership is the full expression of “me” for the benefit of “we”.” -Henna Inam, Wired for Authenticity: Seven Practices to Inspire, Adapt, & Lead
8) “Authentic leadership is revealed in the alignment of what you think, what you say, and what you do.” -Michael Holland, Founder & President, Bishop House
7) “Authenticity is the alignment of head, mouth, heart, and feet — thinking, saying, feeling, and doing the same thing — consistently. This builds trust, and followers love leaders they can trust.” —Lance Secretan, The Secretan Center, Inc.
6) “Authenticity and knowing who you are is fundamental to being an effective and long-standing leader.” -Ann Fudge
5) “Without trust we don’t truly collaborate; we merely coordinate or, at best, cooperate. It is trust that transforms a group of people into a team.” -Stephen Covey
4) “It is true that integrity alone won’t make you a leader, but without integrity you will never be one.” -Zig Ziglar
3) “Leaders who don’t listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say.” -Andy Stanley
2) “A genuine leader is not a searcher of consensus but a molder of consensus.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
1) “A true leader is one who is humble enough to admit their mistakes.” -John C. Maxwell
To read more about Authentic Leadership, visit my blog post Authenticity and Authentic Leadership.