I recently facilitated a workshop with a group of educators, some of whom are considering advancement in their field. We talked through several tips to help with navigating the process. Although I shared some information that was specific to their field, many of the tips are actually universal.
Here are a few of my favorites:
1.Give your resume a glow up! Check out more ideas here:
2. Consider these steps as you seek advancement:
- Seek out leadership roles prior to advancement
- Volunteer for presentations
- Attend any professional development that’s offered
- Network/Make Connections
Up your networking game with more ideas from this blog post: Networking Authentically
3. Be prepared for your interview: Read Interview Prep for Today’s Job Market, which talks about the benefits of using the S.T.A.R prep tool.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? I recommend checking out Ken Coleman’s book, The Proximity Principle to lead you in the right direction. You can also check out my book review here: The Proximity Principle – A Book Review.