Audit & Outsourced HR
3-GIS is a global provider of GIS software services that has seen considerable growth over the last few years. With that growth, 3-GIS saw the need to strengthen its Human Resources infrastructure and implement a strategic plan that would carry them well into the future. 3-GIS worked with Horizon Point to assess their current HR practices, create a strategic plan for their continued growth, create a Business Continuity Plan, and provide mentorship to their new HR Generalist. The HR Outsourcing plan included:
- A full-scope HR Audit to evaluate 3-GIS policies and procedures against both compliance and best practice standards. Upon completion of the audit, Horizon Point worked with 3-GIS to implement recommended improvements.
- A Job Analysis of core positions and hiring practices that included updating of job descriptions, creation and utilization of hiring materials, and leadership training.
- The development of a strategic growth plan which included an assessment of the current company structure, evaluation of anticipated growth needs, and streamlining of recruitment processes.
- A Business Continuity Plan that included assessing company needs in the event of a disaster, current resources, and needed resources.
- Mentoring 3-GIS’ newly hired HR Generalist which included training on all implemented processes, providing expertise support to assist the HR Generalist in growing her knowledge base, and regular mentoring sessions to assist her in preparing to sit for her SHRM-SCP certification exam.
Horizon Point continues to work with 3-GIS to provide expert advice on HR-related topics and recruitment assistance.
The company’s CEO, Tom Counts, had this to say about Horizon Point’s services:
“Horizon Point Consulting has proven to be our go-to partner for all things HR when we have an issue that we need addressing; be it preparation for new rules and regulations to new and creative ways to deliver first-class benefits to our employees. Mary Ila and Lorrie have been absolutely critical in helping 3-GIS grow from 25 employees to over 100 in just a couple of years. That’s not a trivial feat and we’ve managed to bring in some of the best people from all over the world to expand and enhance our family team. Horizon Point is not just a consulting firm we use, Horizon Point is part of the 3-GIS family.”